How do I apply for a property?

You can apply for all of our properties via the online property listing.

How long does it take to process my application?

It takes up to two working days for applications to be processed. If you are successful, you will be contacted by phone however, unsuccessful applicants are not contacted.

Why was I unsuccessful for a property?

We do not give out reasons as to why you were unsuccessful for a property. It doesn't mean you aren't a suitable tenant for any property, sometimes there are a lot of applications for a property and only one person can get it.

Can I have pets?

This differs from property to property and at the owners discretion. Some properties will allow certain pets and others will not. Check the description of the property online for more information.

What fees do I have to pay before I move in?

We require two weeks rent in advance and bond (four weeks rent).

When do I have to pay my fees by?

We require two weeks' rent within 48 hours of being offered the property. We continue to advertise the property until such time as money is received. Bond is required by the day you move into the property.

Can I pay off my bond?

No, we require all fees to be paid upfront prior to move in.

Do I need tenants insurance?

It is highly recommended that you get tenants insurance as the landlord’s insurance policy does not protect your belongings or cover any tenant (accidental) damage to the property.

What is the difference between a fixed-term and a periodic tenancy agreement?

A fixed-term tenancy has a definite commencement and expiry date (usually a 12 month term). A periodic tenancy has a commencement date but no expiry date you are just required to give 28 days notice when you wish to leave.

What happens if something at my property needs repairing?

You can fill in a ‘Tenant Maintenance Request’ form online under the forms tab on our website or pick up a form to fill our from our office. If it is an emergency such as a major leak with a water pipe please call us straight away on 07 834 0980. If it is an after-hours emergency, contact the duty agent on 021 2444 273.

Do I need to give notice to move out of the property I am in?

Yes appropriate written notice needs to be given to move out of a property however, this is dependent on the type of tenancy. Notice can be given via email, on an online ‘Tenant Notice to Vacate’ form on our website or on a form available from our office.

Periodic Tenancy
We require at least 28 days’ written notice for a tenant on a periodic tenancy to move out. For more information about notice for a periodic tenancy click here.

Fixed-term Tenancy
If you are on a fixed-term tenancy you cannot give notice to move out of your property. However, if your circumstances change before your fixed term tenancy expires; please contact your property manager immediately. For more information about notice for a fixed term tenancy click here.